What's on ...
Click to try to find tickets for this event.
- 10 NovBlack Star Riders Warrington Parr Hall
- 18 NovBlack Star Riders Junction Cambridge
- 9 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Plug Corporation
- 10 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Fox Lowe Arts Centre Leek
- 16 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Tunnels Bristol
- 17 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Ruby Lounge Manchester
- 18 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott The Cluny Newcastle
- 19 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Bodega Nottingham
- 23 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Stereo Glasgow
- 24 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott Brudenall Social Club
- 25 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott the Empire Coventry
- 26 NovBad Touch Mollie Marriott O2 Academy Islington
- 1 DecBad Touch Mollie Marriott Norwich Waterfront
- 2 DecBad Touch Mollie Marriott Talking Heads Southampton
Black Star Riders Holmfirth
(featuring Black Star Riders, Bad Touch)
Venue: Holmfirth Picturedrome
BLACK STAR RIDERS – A Brief History 2012 to 2017
Black Star Riders are a band with a huge pedigree. Featuring lead guitarists Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy) and Damon Johnson (Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper), lead vocalist/guitarist Ricky Warwick (Thin Lizzy, The Almighty), bassist Robert Crane (Vince Neil, Ratt) and drummer Jimmy DeGrasso (Megadeth, Alice Cooper, David Lee Roth), the band are in their fifth year and have three albums under their belt.
Formed in 2012 and taking inspiration for their name after a gang of outlaws in the 1993 western film Tombstone, the band quickly signed a record deal with A&R guru Monte Conner’s label, Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Their debut album, “All Hell Breaks Loose” (produced by Kevin Shirley) was released in May 2013. The release drew widespread acclaim from the world’s press and fans alike.
2013 & 2014 saw live appearances at the prestigious Download Festival in UK and Sweden Rock Festival in addition to headline tours of Europe, USA & Japan.
The bands second album, “The Killer Instinct”, was released in March 2015 and reached a UK national chart position of number 13. Produced by Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Rush, Mastodon, Alice In Chains) in Nashville, the album features Warwick & Johnson as the primary songwriters. Coupled together with Gorham’s classic ‘Thin Lizzy sound’, Black Star Riders came up with something special. The album that surpassed the first in press and fan reaction and gaining many 9/10 and 10/10 reviews.
BBC Radio 2, the UK’s most listened to station, continued their support of the band’s releases and playlisted tracks from the album that gained them ‘Record of the Week’ status.
More touring continued into 2015 culminating in a UK arena run with Def Leppard & Whitesnake at the end of that year.
The bands third album “Heavy Fire” was released on February 3rd 2017 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment. Written and recorded in 2016 with Nick Raskulinecz again at the helm, the two lead singles were Radio 2 playlisted and again made “Record of the week” status.
The album is set for top 10 position in the UK national charts and top 20 in other European countries. An extensive UK headline tour starts March 2nd and many summer festival appearances are scheduled including the ‘special guest’ slot at the Ramblin’ Man Fair in UK.
Looking ahead, 2018 see’s the band invited to the SOLD OUT Rock Legend’s VI cruise out of Florida, alongside Sammy Hagar and Bad Company.